"Making Home Affordable" Programs
The Law Offices of Joseph C. Stroble is now accepting clients who are looking for loan modification assistance under the new federal Making Home Affordable programs.
Here is an overview of the two programs:
Home Affordable Refinance:
- Provides a lower interest rate refinance option to qualified borrowers who are current on their mortgage, but do not have access to existing refinance options due to a high loan to value and/or falling home values.
- Is only available to homeowners whose first mortgage is owned or securitized by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac.
Home Affordable Modification:
- Reduces the amount homeowners owe per month to no more than 31% of income.
- Available to homeowners who have sufficient income and commit to making payments to stay in their home. It will not aid investors.
- Available to homeowners who are behind or at imminent risk of default.
- Includes incentives for the lender and borrower to encourage modifications and on-time payments.
Click Here For Complete Program Details
Homeowners may be tempted to try to take advantage of the Making Home Affordable programs on their own but it is not a simple process. It makes good sense to have an experienced attorney like Joseph C. Stroble to guide you through the maze of government regulations and to review the pros and cons of other alternatives such as litigating (defending the foreclosure), counterclaiming against the lender, short sale, Chapter 13 bankruptcy, etc.
If you are a homeowner that needs assistance with the new Making Home Affordable programs or have questions call Joseph C. Stroble today with confidence at (631) 942-8216
Click Here if you would like us to contact you.